Sunday, November 16, 2008

Day Three of the Forum

We have all just come out of the Plenary session "The Contexts of Our Organising". The panel was a remarkable selection of women's righst activists focusing on sex workers in India, women headed households in Indonesia, law reform for women's righst in Iran, abortion righst for women in Poland, freedom of communication and access to ICT for women in South Africa and as issue pertinent to women in southern africa, women living with HIV in Zimbabwe. The converstaion was rich with detail of the challenges and victories of women activists in these countries working on these issues. One highlight is that Feminism is still a dirty word in many of these contexts. Feminism, they say, is still described by those against us as a 'curse' and a 'swear word'. But feminist activists devise ways to survive and flourish nonethe less. Slogans like "Feminism: I desrve it" is used on camouses in Poland and "A world without husbands is wonderful" is used by women headed household in Indonesia who face the stigma of being unmarried or divorced is a society where marriage, no matter the quailty of that marriage, remains a goal for women, an achievemnt of femininity, that many women have intrenalised. The session ended with women singing, standing and dancing in memory of Miriam Makeba. It was another emotional morning - of pain, hope and celebration!

1 comment:

  1. i was diagnosed with HIV/AIDS for over 5 years which made loose my job and my relationship with my fiance after he discovered that i was having HIV, he departed from me i tried all my best to make him stays with me, but neglected me until a friend of mine on Facebook from Singapore told me Great healer, who will restore my life back with his powerful healing spell, he sent me the email address to contact (dr.marnish@yahoo.com) and i quickly contacted him, and he said my condition can solved, that he will treat the disease immediately only if i can accept trust him and accept his terms and condition, i Agreed because i was so much in need of help by all means, so i did all he want from me and surprisingly on Sunday last week He sent me a text, that i should hurry up to the hospital for a checkup, which i truly did, i confirm from my doctor that i am now ( HIV NEGATIVE) my eyes filled with tears and joy, crying heavily because truly the disease deprived me of many things from my life, This is a Miracle, Please do not en-devour to email dr.marnish or call him at +15036626930 for healing and solution
    Rebecca from London

    ReplyDelete